Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Architect's Nine?
- The Architect's Nine is a national golf membership wherein a one time payment, per year, grants you playing privileges at nine top courses in the country - consider it a network of public courses acting as a private club under the umbrella of The Architect's Nine.
How much does it cost to join The Architect's Nine?
- $2,500 per year paid in full in an one-time installment (every 12 months).
Are there any hidden fees or booking restrictions?
- Due to demand Tobacco Road, Caledonia, Southern Pines and True Blue may charge a nominal access fee to members not to exceed $30 per round (which covers cart) and you may have to pay a cart fee at some courses if you choose to ride, but other than that your membership covers the greens fee. Additionally, some courses may not let you book tee times more than 7 days in advance.
What is "The Tour"?
- The Architect's Nine Tour is a Summer-long national tournament wherein members compete against each other, logging scores from any of the nine courses, with the winner receiving a free membership for the following year.
If I join The Architect's Nine, which courses do I now belong to and what makes them special?
- TOBACCO ROAD (Pinehurst, NC)
Designed by mike strantz, #50 Golf Course Architecture Top 100 World, #71 Golf Digest Top 100 Public, #88 GOLF Magazine Top 100 Public, #6 GOLF Best in State, #7 Golfweek Best in State
- SWEETENS COVE (Greater Chattanooga, TN)
Designed by the firm of King-Collins, #59 Golfweek Top 100 Modern, #1 Golfweek Best in State Public, Highest average rating of ALL golf courses in TN, AL, MS, & LA per Tom Doak's Confidential Guide to Golf Courses
- CALEDONIA (Greater Myrtle Beach, SC)
Designed by Mike Strantz, #29 GOLF Top 100 Public, #73 Golf Digest Top 100 Public, #3 GOLF Magazine Best in State, #5 Golfweek Best in State
- TRUE BLUE (Greater Myrtle Beach, SC)
Designed by Mike Strantz, #77 GOLF Top 100 Public, #6 GOLF magazine Best in State, #6 Golfweek Best in State
- WINE VALLEY (Washington State)
Designed by Dan Hixson, #3 GOLF Best in State, #3 Golfweek Best in State Public
- WILD HORSE (Nebraska)
Designed by Dave Axland & Dan Proctor, #77 Golf Digest Top 100 Public, #89 Golfweek Top 100 Modern, #91 GOLF magazine Top 100 Public, #2 GOLF magazine Best in State, #1 Golfweek Best in State Public
- RUSTIC CANYON (Greater Los Angeles, CA)
Designed by Gil Hanse and Geoff Shackelford, #95 GOLF Top 100 Public, #5 Golfweek Best in State Public, #11 GOLF magazine Best in State
- SOUTHERN PINES (Pinehurst, NC)
Designed by Donald Ross, #14 GOLF magazine Best in State
- RACKHAM (Detroit, MI)
Designed by Donald Ross
May I bring a guest with me to play and what is the guest fee?
- Yes, as a member of The Architect's Nine you may accompany up to three guests and the guest rate is 20% off the course's rack rate for that date and time. This policy applies to spouse and children as well.
I cannot access TOUR, FORUM, INFO and GEAR in the menu of this site, what are those pages?
- These areas are for Members Only.
- The TOUR is a summer-long competition wherein players from across the country, recording scores from any of the nine courses, compete for the top prize: a free year membership going to the lowest scoring average adjusted at 80% of USGA handicap.
- The FORUM is a private communications platform wherein Members may chat, introduce themselves or learn more about the courses they belong to. Members also have access to a MEMBER DIRECTORY as another way to connect with friends, new and old, for a game.
- The INFO section is also just for Members, it is here where one may find contact details for each course including a direct phone number to each pro-shop. This is the best way to make tee times as a Member of The Architect's Nine.
- The GEAR section is The Architect's Nine very own pro-shop wherein Members may purchase Members Only gear such as headwear, accessories, head covers bags, etc, adorned with the club's logo and/or in the club's colors.
Ok, sounds pretty awesome, how do I join?
- It is super easy, just click the blue button below, enter your name, email and payment info and you are good to go. Once you receive a confirmation email you are free to play. If you have any questions, please feel free to send a note to MembersServices@TheArchitectsNine.com and one of our staff members will reach out.